Shaping The Urban Fabric
Urban design involves taking many seemingly conflicting factors and merging them into a cohesive, visually pleasing, and sustainable solution. Our collaborative approach is a combination of working closely with the community and bringing the expertise we’ve built over 50 years of experience.
Here are some examples of things we can help with:
- Sustainable Streetscape Design
- Community Plazas
- Stages and Amphitheaters
- Pocket Parks/Parklets/Micro Park Design
- Waterfront Development
- Urban Trails
- Non-motorized Trails and Pedestrian Walkways
- Tree Evaluations
Each of the items above can involve many considerations, such as:
- Pedestrian Circulation
- Vehicular Circulation and Parking
- Visual Appeal and Planting Design
- “Complete Street” Design
- Community Connections linking parks, schools, open space, and activity nodes
- Operations and Maintenance
- Construction Sequencing to keep businesses open
- Stormwater Management
From the very first stages of pre-planning through budgeting and construction administration, we can help with all aspects of urban design or just the parts with which assistance is needed.
Let’s discuss your project – give us a call today!